Mittwoch, 22. Januar 2014

AMD1 Facebook auf Deutsch

I decided to change my Sprache zu Deutsch on Facebook. While scrolling through the Homepage I noticed differences right away. I found it interesting that the Homepage is called Startseite in German, which literally means "Start page" or "first page". I also noticed that instead of "liking" a picture it says "gefällt" or "gefällt mir". I guessed this word has the same meaning as like, and after looking it up I realized I was right.

It was also interesting to look at my profile page and see the differences. Instead of asking "What are you up to?" in English, it says "Was machst du gerade?" in Deutsch. I also was excited to understand (verstehen) where it said "Wohnt in Ann Arbor" and "Aus Hemlock, Michigan." While looking at different tabs on the page I found words that are cognates of English words such as: Sport, Musik, Filme, Freunde, Fotos, Bücher, und Gruppen. 

A new phrase I learned was "In einer beziehung mit _____". This phrase would translate to mean in a relationship with _______. The word einer caught my eye, especially after watching the Kapital 2 video. This made me guess that this is a different case that can be used with nouns such as the nominative or the accusative case.


I'm actually considering leaving my Facebook page in the Deutsch setting to help me learn new/fun words auf Deutsch!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hi Ellice!

    Facebook auf Deutsch zu stellen ist eine gute Idee! Machen Sie weiter?

    'In einer Beziehung mit______': 'einer' ist ein different case. Das ist Dativ (Kapitel 6) =)

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.