Sonntag, 26. Januar 2014

Spotify Deutschland

For my AMD activity, I decided to spend an hour on Spotify Germany. Spotify has a cool setting where you can go and listen to the top 100 chart for any region. I used this setting before to see what music is popular in New York, the US and in the UK, but today I listened to the German songs on the Top 100 chart in Germany. I found it interesting to see that the Top 100 chart was a mix of English and German songs. A lot of the songs on the chart were the same as the songs on the US Top 100 chart, which wasn't surprising.

Since I don't know enough German to really understand the music I was listening to, I paid attention to the music videos and the general sound of the songs. I came to the conclusion that the sounds of music in German and English are almost the same. The music videos for most of these songs could've been the videos for any English songs. I may even download a few of the files I listened to.

I listened to a song called Willst Du by Alligatoah. While the song was a little explicit (the chorus - Willst du mir Drogen nehmen? - literally translates to Will you take drugs with me?), it was super catchy, and reminiscent of Avicii.

I also listened to a song called OMG! by Materia, which was really fun to listen to, since the singer actually sings quite clearly. The singer also repeats the line "oh mein Gott,"which I understood.

I did actually find that I liked the band Revolverhead, so that was a plus to this activity.

German band with 4 conventionally good-looking members

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hi Rachel!

    Gute thoughtful Texte haben Silbermond: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7PzrW1G3E0

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.