Mittwoch, 22. Januar 2014

“雪绒花” - "Edelweiss" - "Edelweiß"

When I read the article "How German is American", I found one of my favorite movie when I was a kid, "Sound of Music". Lots of songs became popular because of the movie, and "Edelweiss" is the representative.

Unlike in the movie, it is not an Austrian or German song. The only German connection of that song is the title, "Edelweiss". The song is composed and written by two Americans, Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II. I looked up the name, "Hammerstein", and found "stein" in German is "stone" in English. I guess Oscar is a German heritage and wiki told me he is. Well, how German is American!

Seine Großvater war Deutscher.

"雪绒花" is one of the most famous Children's songs in China. It is actually the English song "Edelweiss" with lyrics in Chinese, which directly translated from English.
Here is the Chinese version of Edelweiss: 雪绒花

When I was in primary school, I learned both the English version and the Chinese version. I though the German version was the original one. Now I know it's not. But finally I can try to learn the German version.


Chinese:
雪绒花
雪绒花,雪绒花,
清晨迎着我开放。
小而白,
洁而亮,
向我快乐的摇晃。
雪白的花朵
任你芬芳,
永远开放、成长。
雪绒花,雪绒花,
永远祝福我的家乡。

English:
Edelweiss
Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white,
clean and bright
You look happy to meet me.
Blossom of snow
may you bloom and grow,
Bloom and grow forever.
Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever.

Deutsch:
Edelweiß
Edelweiß, Edelweiß,
Du grüßt mich jeden Morgen,
Sehe ich dich,
Freue ich mich,
Und vergess' meine Sorgen.
Schmücke das Heimatland,
Schön und weiß,
Blühest wie die Sterne.
Edelweiß, Edelweiß,
Ach, ich hab dich so gerne.

Neue wörter:
edel - fine/noble/precious
jeden - each
Sehe ich dich - I see you
Freue -  please, rejoice
mich - me
Sorgen - sorrow, or worries I think
Schmücken - to decorate sth. ??
Heimatland - homeland
Blühest - bloom
dich - you
gerne - gladly

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.