As many of you have already realized, Rachel and I came into this German class as good friends. Yes, we decided to take German partially for fun and partially to understand what our grandparents keep mumbling. But oh, we never anticipated how fun it would be to annoy our friends auf Deutsch! Rachel and I are very dedicated to learning German - so much so that we exclusively answer questions with "nein" or "ja." Our four housemates are tired of us yelling "das ist stimmt!" at the television. Their hatred of our language has kindled a passion in us. We've picked up expressions such as "auf wiedersehen, arschloch" and "deine Mutter!" We have forced most of our friends to listen to us practice our German, so much so that many of them have learned a little something as well! This facebook conversation (which happened before I knew about this assignment) sums up how our enrollment in German 101 has influenced our friends. (Names have been retracted for embarrassments sake.)

Hey Lizzy!
AntwortenLöschenGroßartige Idee! An alle:
Annoy your Freunde: sprecht nur Deutsch mit ihnen!!!