For this AMD I called up a friend that has been learning German for about 2 years now. He visited this class back in March, so many of you may remember him. His name is Conor. When he first started learning German I was supposed to learn with him, but I never learned it. So, now that I have almost a whole semester worth of knowledge in the language I figured I would have a conversation or two with him in German.
This was probably the funnest thing I have done for an AMD yet, even though it sounds very boring. It was just really cool to talk to someone about everyday events without a script in front of me. It really showed that we have learned a lot this semester and can actually hold a very basic conversation with someone else who speaks German.
Although I was able to speak to him in German and express most of my thoughts, there were still many words and phrases that I did not know how to say. Which shows I still have A LOT to learn before being able to really speak in German well. It also doesn't help he knows SO much more than I do. There was one barrier that arose from doing this that I have not encountered before. It made it difficult to actually understand what he was saying most of the time. Background noise. He was at the "Union" of Notre Dame, known as The Fortune. Here, many people go to eat and basically what we do at the Union. So having him here and trying to talk to him was hard. I had to be able to filter out the words from the random English conversations going on. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how our conversation went, and I am pretty excited to continue learning German so one day we will never have to speak in English to each other again!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.