Montag, 14. April 2014

AMD 6

For my AMD I visited German lab and had a tutoring session on some of the information I had trouble on in the course. With the exception of the current material we are learning in chapter 6 I wanted to get more help on sentence structure in the conversational past tense including subordinate clauses which serve as verb kickers. From the hour session with my tutor I learned a lot about how I learn as an individual. We worked of forming sentences using subordinate clauses dass, weil, and ob as well as wenn. I learned that with that these move the conjugated verb to the end of the clause. I practiced making simple sentences using each one of these conduction. For Example:

dass
Alle wissen, dass Affen gern Bananen essen.
Everyone knows that monkeys like to eat bananas.

weil
Ich wohne in Kalifornien, weil das Wetter warm ist.
I live in California because the weather is warm.

ob
Ich weiß nicht, ob Er Abendessen kocht.
I don't know if he will cook dinner.

wenn
Wenn es regnet, gehen wir nicht einkaufen.
If it rains we won't go shopping.
                         OR
Wir gehen nicht einkaufen, wenn es regnet.
We won't go shopping if it rains.

When beginning with a subordinate clause both verbs will then be next to each other separated by a comma. For further practice I watched you tube videos to help further explain the auxiliary verbs within conversational past and when on uses haben vs. sein.



To work on vocabulary, I looked up other youtube videos on weather as well as refreshers on simpler vocabulary as well. This was a fun way to learn vocabulary in German.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.