Walking in Germany being a contact sport is an interesting concept. I feel as though if anyone were to be jabbed or stepped on in just one of the blue buses, someone would throw a complete fit about it. Just saying excuse me is being polite in our neck of the woods, but I guess it isn't accepted as such worldwide. And sometimes it is fine to never say something, but if an action is intentional, that seems a bit rude (as the author clearly thought as well). Regardless, the fact that our cultures do not overlap in every aspect doesn't surprise me in the least. In fact, with every Kultur, I love seeing the differences between here and half a world away.
With another surprise in the culture between here and there is the adult stores. I have only known of 2 of these stores ever in my life... one on South University and one in a broken down building outside the expressway near my home. I have NEVER been in, let alone seen ANYONE else in, at, or near these places. It is different to think that such a store can be a normality for people to be around in another country. To where I grew up, these places are never mentioned unless it is to discuss a sight of someone walking into or out of one of these stores trying to figure out why they would ever do something as terrible as even peek in the window. Again, different culture, different place.
Seing people cleaning bathrooms is nothing I have not been exposed to here in America. They are less common than what it seems to be in Germany, but the fact is, I have even had to deal with coughing up some change at the local fair for someone changing out the toilet paper every few hours. With that said, I moved onto the next reading. The next reading bored me. Yea I understand differences in flirting for men and women in Germany now, but not having been forward as some people are, I found this to be nothing I could compare too. To put it simply, I moved on again.This was a major topic for any feminist. It was simply a long article discussing the strives women have made in Germany and what they have been doing different between now and the "past."
As I stated earlier, the differences in the posts were all interesting to read over to distinguish Germany as its own culture. I know that seems to be the point in the first place, but being able to tie in the first few of the readings into my every day life were interesting to say the least.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.