Donnerstag, 3. April 2014

Kultur Text 5


          We use the words "Excuse Me" so much in the United States that it seems really strange that they don't say "Entschuldigung" very much  in Germany. I suppose that goes along with being straightforward and kind of blunt. It also makes sense that we, as Americans, should come to terms with inevitable physical day to day contact as well too. It is refreshing that they still give up seats for elderly women in German trains though. Many people in the U.S. have stopped doing this. 

          I think that it's so progressive of Germany to have overcome the regular social implications brought on by sex shops. It really shouldn't be as big of a deal as we make it in the Americas. However, I do think displaying all of the merchandise where children can see it is a little bit much. This could lead to the extremely low teen pregnancy rate in Germany though, because they were forced to learn about it at a much younger age.

          The idea of a Klofrau is intriguing. I think that it's a great way to make money, but it also sounds like one of the most repulsive jobs I can think of. If you have to sit in a bathroom and clean up people's crap all day, you deserve all the tips you get. 

          Flirting in Germany sounds really weird. If their concept of flirting is to just stare at each other, it sounds really easy, but really awkward in the eyes of a foreigner. *Disclaimer: I do not REALLY understand women* In the states, you have to try to work to impress a woman. Staring at her will make you think that you're a creep. You are required to be forward here, otherwise she'll completely miss the hint. That is, of course, unless you do it REALLY well. 

          German is rather progressive considering their attitude towards women. It's amazing that they made equal rights between men and women well before we did. The laws that require women to be payed the same salaries as the men are particularly exceptional.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.