Dienstag, 22. April 2014
Kultur 6
The kultur readings this week were interesting to say the least. The idea of a paper to cover almost obscene stories is nothing different that half the trash we read here in america. Sure the ideas that they have might not all be trashy, but it doesn't make posting sexual things in an open paper any more tasteful. When it came to the story on doors, it was more or less amusing. I grew up in an area where it was common to do such a thing in order to get the attention of people in the house. Knock once, open up, and stay a while. I know many other places would have issues with people barging into their homes to say hello, but it is a commonality I believe I could get used to again in Germany. The other reading on the garbage system reminded me of Ann Arbor. Before I ever moved here, I had never had a recycling bin to put things into. I only had the trash... and that was about it. Other than the scraps of food that would go to the dogs or to the pigs every now and again (for those who are more environmental). But, in coming here I had to quickly get used to the idea that I couldn't burn all my paper or just carelessly throw it away. Being in Germany and having to decipher between different trash receptacles even more than I do today seems like it would be quite the learning experience. I know this culture would be something that everyone would get used to after living in it for a while; but knowing me, I would probably still throw everything in the wrong bin, read the wrong news, and kindly stand outside a door waiting for someone to let me in...
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.