Montag, 14. April 2014

AMD- 6

     I had a conversation with my aunt in German! We acted like we were strangers! She is fluent in German.  I treated it more like a speaking test. She gave me great pointers on my sentence structure.
Also we went over basic vocabulary from our class. It was very helpful for me to speak German with a relative and without the pressure of being graded on it.  I also had a chance to ask her some question in English and she responded in German .  She has spent a lot of time in Germany as she has traveled there many times. In addition, she took several German classes while in college.  With my limited past tense knowledge we were also to talk about things I did when I was a baby. It was a very interesting conversation and great to know that we could finally somewhat have a conversation in German.

    After we finished talking in german she quizzed me on my vocabularly and we listened to a german opera, Tristan und Isolde.  We only listened to the first few minutes of the beginning and I tried to identify any words and phrases I could.  It was nice to have her out here for my recital and I was glad to be able to learn some german from her as well.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.