For this AMD I thought it would be an interesting idea to listen to a bit of German music. I found several different titles and just sat down to listen to them for a little bit. One of the most interesting was a German translation of the Lion King song Hakuna Matata. Probably one of my favorite childhood songs, I got to try and translate between words that I knew in German and the English version stuck in my head. The structure of the words wasn't entirely close to what I remembered, but got the same Idea across which made for a great listening experience.
Another was a slower pop song titled "Laserkraft 3D - Nein Mann." This was a lot of vocab that I could pick and piece together throughout the song to figure out the meaning behind it. More or less just not wanting to go home because he wants to dance! Not a bad idea for a song and it was pretty catchy!
The next song was possibly more catchy, but less of it I actually understood. The title for this was "Die Antzen - Strobo Pop mit Nena." Not something I further looked into being that it was just another on the playlist, but I would definitely buy the song to listen to on my IPod!
The next song was "Nena - 99luft Balons," an older song that I had heard before. Of course I had herd the translated version Nena did. I would have to say, listening to the English version after hearing the original a few times, I did understand more than I had thought! You can tell between the two that the song was never exactly meant to be sung translated, but makes for a great way to hear the difference in how each language would express their ideas.
I did listen to a ton more that showed me the differences in sentence structure and flow of sentences. Just listening to this music in my free time is a good way I feel I can get acquainted with differentiating words from one another when spoke quickly. Everything will happen with time, and until then... Hakuna Matata.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.