Mittwoch, 9. April 2014

Kultur 5

I found it not very surprising that Germans don't really apologize or say excuse me when they bump into each other, I mean they stare out of windows at people passing by so I wouldn't think that they would apologize for accidents like that. I also think its hilarious that young men who may give up seats for elderly people probably do it out of fear. I think this is true. Respect for those older than you is HUGE in Germany I've definitely seen young men hit on the head with magazines for "saying something stupid" in public before.
As for the article on sex shops, that is something that isn't news at all. As someone who watches a lot of foreign films or just know people from Europe, sex is in no way as taboo a topic as it is here. At least seeing it or discussing it. In my generation I feel like this might be changing but as for the generation above us, even passing by a sex shop is something to be completely ignored, at least it was when I was growing up.
The Klofrau article is pretty eye opening. I honestly wish there were Klofraus in the US. I'm sure in nice hotels or restaurants there is an equivalent to this but there is nothing I hate more than a grimy public bathroom. To be able to be in a clean area like that and have someone there who has obviously put in the time and effort to do that is so nice. To anyone that thinks that paying Klofraus is wrong they should not be allowed to go to public restrooms. I know I would not have the patience to do the job.
The article on flirting makes me extremely happy. The fact that it is actually more common for women to be the ones to pursue men as opposed to the US is refreshing and daring in the eyes of someone who can be quite shy around a lot of people. Although, I don't know if I would be able to pick up on if a German man was flirting with me. I definitely make eye contact with random strangers all the time and would probably be accused of flirting a lot when I didn't mean to.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.