For my fourth AMD, I decided I would do some internet shopping in German, on German websites.
Since I do love internet shopping, I thought this would be a fun way to see some of the German I know, and learn some new words. I also thought the ads would be interesting, since ads in America are usually very easy to understand.
For this activity, I went shopping on KaDaWe's website. Firstly, I learned that floral prints are in this spring. However; on a serious note, I found that German fashion and American fashion are really the same thing online. The difference comes in the subtle ways that Americans and Germans wear their clothes. One difference is that Americans love their sneakers, but would never wear running sneakers with jeans. Also, from what I noticed, Americans just don't get as dressed up everyday.
I found that I was able to recognize categories and articles of clothing. Damen und Herren, Wohnen, Kinder, etc.
I was also able to understand some of the product descriptions, and some of the random phrases (such as alles ansehen, mein warenkorb, etc. An example of a product description that I felt comfortable with was this one for a plush pillow
"Bereit für die Nici Monster? Die drei Monster "Häh", "Oops" und "Uih" sind ziemlich schräg, unsagbar cool, einfach unwiderstehlich und alles andere als gewöhnlich. Eins ist jedenfalls klar: Es sind Plüschmonster mit denen man knuddeln kann - in diesem Fall mit Monster Uih in pink aus weichem Plüsch."
My next venture was over to the Kinder section, where I looked at all of the incredibly overpriced baby products. Seriously, though, they wanted 100euros+ for like everything, and with the exchange rate, that's a huge rip-off.
Overall, I found the website really easy to understand, since I already have an understanding of how to navigate websites effectively, and the people at KaDaWe obviously want to make the website as easy to use as possible.
things i would like.... if they were free:
http://shop.kadewe.de/nici-kinder-kissen-35172-monster-uih-rosa-43x25cm.html
THINGS I DO NOT WANT:
Furbys are literally the worst, I can not believe they are selling Germany, and for 100 bucks. INSANE. they were 20 dollars in America, and I considered that to be too much money.
http://shop.kadewe.de/furby-edition-hot-wild-tuerkis-lila.html#variation=24612
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.