Samstag, 29. März 2014

AMD 5: Doug auf Deutsch

For this AMD I decided to watch an old cartoon, called Doug, in German. Luckily this episode had subtitles in German which made it a bit easier to understand, even though many of the words were still hard to understand.
I understood more adjectives than I thought I would, such as: große, wichtige, and 
There were also a few times i could tell that sentences were being said in the past tense, since the last word of the sentence would start with ge-.
This episode was about Doug's family taking a road trip somewhere, and they planned on watching the sunrise. On the car ride the typical question, "Wie lange dauert es noch?" Which I guess was something along the lines of how much longer. In almost any child's show where the family is traveling in a car the question "Are we there yet?" is bound to be asked.
The phrase "es geht nicht mehr weiter" means something like "it doesn't go any further."
While on this road trip Doug continues to see billboard signs and imagines what visiting these places would be like. He has a wild imagination which makes the show funny but hard to understand because some of the words might not translate exactly.
I did hear the word "Quatsch!" too which was exciting to be able to understand. Overall watching this exposed to to listening to more German, even if there were segments I did not understand.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.