Dienstag, 18. März 2014

Kultur 4

      I have mixed feelings about transportation in Germany. I really think it is cool how you can get almost anywhere on a bike or a train, and can definitely see many of the benefits to having it that way. The biggest ones, which were pointed out in the Brennpunkt Kultur "Rad Fahren," are not having to pay for gas, taxes, or mechanics. Also, it is really good for health purposes, even if not riding that far. Riding a 5km ride on a bike will do a lot more for your health than driving.

     Although there are many benefits to riding a bike, especially in Germany, I am not sure if I would enjoy this. I really enjoy driving, so to have to ride bikes and trains everywhere, and never drive, I would really miss it. One thing I did not see in any of the blog readings that I would have liked to is how those in Germany that are the same way deal with it.

     I really enjoyed how all of the readings were with respect to a person walking. For example, "Two-Wheeled Teutons" was a warning to not walk in front of a German riding a bicycle, and "The Red Dictator"  was a warning not to cross the streets without the "Walk" sign lit up. However, most of all I really liked the street pong video. I want them in Ann Arbor! Over near Washtenaw and S. University would be a perfect spot, as those lights take a while to change.

     The last thing that really stuck out at me about these readings was that it is unheard of college students in Germany to own a car, but it is a very common thing for them to own bikes. This reminded me a lot of college here. Many students have bikes, almost everyone I know does, but only a selected few have cars, and if they do it is to drive to and from their hometown.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.