Donnerstag, 20. März 2014

Kultur 4

From what I've already read about German culture, these articles were not surprising. Had someone asked me whether or not I thought pedestrians in Germany followed traffic signals, I'm sure I could have successfully guessed that Germans follow the law very closely. Even when I think back on my short time in Germany I remember people taking things very literally. If a sign said do not cross, they did not cross. Also I remember there being bikes everywhere! I couldn't help but think that I would really love to live in Germany.

While I like living in Milwaukee, it is far too spread out for bike transportation to be a viable option. Even at my undergrad university, which was far smaller than Milwaukee, was not designed for bicycles. The city declared itself to be a bicycle friendly town, but it definitely was not. There were little to no bike paths and the people in vehicles were never aware of the cyclists. I learned very quickly that it just wasn't safe and it wasn't worth it. But in Germany it seems like I really could travel anywhere by bike. I love the idea of being able to hop on my bike and go to the grocery store. It would definitely help with being able to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables on a regular basis.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.