Again, reading these blogs I feel that these are too out of date to be relevant. Most of these articles were published in the mid-2000s. It is hard for me to comment on these because I have been to Germany 3 times for a two-week period and have a hard time relating to the topics.
That being said, I am an extremely aware person. I corrected my mom when she was driving the wrong way places when I was 4 and in a car seat. I am also bothered when people act like you don't exist and walk through you, as talked about in the first article. I never noticed people bumping in to me walking around. Also, I never noticed any sex shops when cruising through and walking around cities, nor did I hear anybody mention them at all when I was there. I have also never seen a bathroom attendant, although I did have to pay to get into a bathroom at a train station before.
It is hard for me to comment on the flirting article because I was mostly with a group of 15 guy engineers....enough said there. But, when talking to girls (in english because I didn't know any German at the time), any clever remark I made or sarcastic comment was completely lost in translation. It didn't work out.
With the "Woman in Germany" excerpt, I feel like that was also the case in the US 10 years ago. That information is probably out of date, too. Times are changin'! (for the better, of course, since it is ridiculous that women ever got paid less and were brought up to less technical, "skilled", fields of work).
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.