I think that it is really cool how Germans have transitioned to bicycles for short distance trips instead of using cars. In an extremely automated and wealthy country like Germany, you would expect everyone to use cars instead of bikes. At least I would. Not only are they putting money towards making bike only paths, but they are also reducing emissions from cars. The right of way and rudeness that comes from biking there is only to be expected. It's like they are driving cars. They're doing it for the same purpose that they drive cars.
Jaywalking is really a problem here in the states and it makes total sense why the Germans would get mad at people for crossing when they aren't supposed to. The speed limits in Germany are strange to begin with, and on the autobahn they actually just don't exist. Therefore, there is no telling when a car is going to come speeding by at an insane speed. Watching people jay walk is also conducive to bad behavior from children. If nobody sets a bad example for the children, they wont have any reason to think that it is an okay thing for them to do. This keeps them from making bad decisions and getting hurt.
It seems like the logic process is a little rude. It makes sense that you should ask on what trains your ticket is valid, but it should be common manners to inform someone of that information when they purchase the ticket. Of course the customer SHOULD have asked which trains it is valid on, so I guess it's on the customer. But I should think that the information that they needed should have been readily available either on the internet or on a notice in the train station.
As far as the Teutonic trust system goes, just buy your ticket. Like come on. Don't be rude. That's just common sense. I am interested to know where the term Swartzfahren originated from.
In a country with so much going on in a small space, like Germany, it only makes sense that some mistakes are made. However, it really does jeopardize the safety of pedestrians when mistakes like these are made. I think it's super funny that there is a support group for slobs. I'm not sure who would willingly attend slobs anonymous though.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.