For this AMD I decided to try my hand at German baking. I will admit that I probably don't compare to any German bakers, but I did my best and I've included pictures to go with the effort. The German baked goods I decided to make are called Buttergebäck- German butter cookies. The ingredients include, lots of butter, cinnamon, eggs, sugar, flour, and wine. I've heard of cooking with wine, but never baking with wine, so this was a new experience for me. I must say, however, that they turned out really well and I got the opportunity to share with my friends! Heres a play by play of the process.
First I sifted flour, cinnamon, and salt
It next called for eggs and sugar......and this happened. Next, I added some fruity wine
Possibly poisoned my dog........
used a cookie-cutter to make this not-so-creative cookie shape...
Baked them for 25 minutes, and Tada! They came out looking like delicious buttery goodness.
Walker really liked them too ;)
All in all, I recommend that anyone trying to get an artificial taste of Germany here in America participate in some fun German baking or Cooking. It also is great for sharing with others!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.