For this AMD I decided to watch an episode of a German TV series which was recommended by a great many of my friends over the last few months - Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter.
I ended up watching all three episodes (270 min in total!)at one time and was deeply moved by this TV production. Also, I was proud to say that I recognized quite a few words in German without turning to subtitles.
The story is about five young people grown up together in Berlin being involved in the war in different ways, their life and death, love and hatred,their new rising awareness of human nature and politics, the intense confrontation of selfness and otherness, and the deep sense of sorrow and hopelessness in the middle of a violent unchangeable era. Concentrations are put into the vivid portrait of the physical and psychological change of main characters.
I attached a video of it winning the Byaerischer Fernsehpreis 2013, which includes an unofficial trailer of Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter. I would recommend the TV production to anyone. As my friends said, it's real art.
Das ist GROßARTIG!!!!!
AntwortenLöschen