Dienstag, 18. März 2014

AMD 4

For this AMD I went over Travis' essay for the fourth test using a peer editing sheet given to me. The first question on the sheet was about me asking him for topics and ideas he would use in his essay. Since the prompt was outlined for us on the test, there was no need to go over this question.

The second question on the peer editing sheet consisted of three "sub-questions." The first, "Was the theme clear" was mostly true, there was one sentence in Travis's essay that said something along the lines of "You can ride a bike, but cannot drive a car," which after reading the Bennpukt Kulturs for this chapter, sounds more like a description of Germany than America. The second "sub-question" was "The end of the essay is interesting and clear. You now know what your partner's theme was." Which, again, because we already knew the prompt this question was not really needed to be talked over. The last "sub-question," "Your partner used his own words." was true. Many of Travis' words he used I did not know until I looked them up in chapter four's glossary.

The third and fourth questions was to underline 15 verbs in the essay, and circle them if they are in the right spot, or where they need to be and to put a rectangle around the wrong conjugations of verbs. There was only one verb that I saw that looked a little weird, "woll." We have learned "will" so I looked it up and it is the past form of "wollen" so I brought it up to Travis. Other than that one word the rest looked appropriately placed and conjugated.

The fifth question was, more or less, through a few "sub-questions" think about it in terms of an everyday reader. For example, the first "sub-question" was "What in the essay is especially interesting?" Overall I think this was a very good essay. Travis has made his past essays pretty complex, so they could be hard to understand, but this was a lot easier to make out what he was trying to say. Something I did like about it was even though it was more simple he still was pushing himself to use more vocabulary he needs practice with.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.