Donnerstag, 27. März 2014

AMD 5 - Madeline Thibault

For AMD 5 I decided to try and translate one of the songs I am singing for my lesson without using a dictionary. It was extremely difficult but there were a lot of words that I was able to figure out. Even though some of the words we have not learned or gone over, it was easy. Based on the way it looked and how it sounded to guess what the meaning of the word was. The song I decided to translate was  "Du Bist Die Ruh" by Schubert.

When I was going through I would figure out what some of the words meant in the phrase and then was able to guess what it meant. Most of the time it was wrong but there were times when I got it right which made me very happy. After finishing as much of the song as I could, I went and compared with the actual translation and found that mine wasn't too different then theres was. The only part I really messed up on was figuring out what the bigger words meant. Below I have attached the beautiful words and translation to the song! This specific translation isn't the best word for word of the peace but it gives you a general idea of what the meaning of the song is and off of that you can go to a dictionary to get an even more precise word for word translation.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.