Montag, 31. März 2014

AMD 5

This week, one of my friends friends is visiting the US from his new home in Germany. He is originally from Hong Kong and came to the University of Michigan to study aerospace engineering. He now works full-time in Germany and has lived there fore just over a year now. I asked him to speak in German with me for this AMD. But, unfortunately, his German must be worse than his english, which he speaks extremely poorly. He has a lazy accent and speaks in broken sentences after 6 years of living in the US. So, unfortunately, I didn't get much out of our conversation other than the fact that he owns 3 cars! In Germany! I figured that was completely unheard of since I know a lot of people in Germany do not have cars. So, I decided to look up the statistics on cars and Germany and found that there are 572 cars per 1000 people in Germany, while in the US, there are 797 cars per 1000 people. That is crazy that he owns 3 cars, especially since vehicle ownership is so expensive in Germany. Then, I found out that the US is 3rd on that list since San Marino has 1263 cars per 1000 people when multiple countries have less than 5 cars per 1000 people.....now that is ridiculous.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.