Samstag, 8. März 2014

AMD 3

          For my AMD 3 I had a phone conversation with a German exchange student here for an engineering internship. This served as great practice for the oral exam. I met him through my accompanist when discussing my upcoming assignments for my German class. It was very nerve racking and I was very nervous to speak to a native speaker (other than my German teacher) do to the fact that I was probably butchering the language in front of a stranger who speaks German fluently. 
          I started with a simple "Guten tag! Ich heiße Christabel Nunoo." He also introduced himself as Mathias Boetcher from Pforzheim. He started asking me many difficult questions but after a couple minutes of "um's" and "Ich weiß nicht", he asked me questions like "where are you from", "where do you live", and "what is my favorite food"? I replied by asking him what he studied in school. He told me he studied computer programming at Bosch in Farmington Hills, Michigan. He asked me what I studied at the University of Michigan and after sharing that I was a vocal performance major I learned that he likes to play guitar (guitarre spielen) . He also sang for me over the phone and it turns out he also has a beautiful voice! I also asked him if he has any sibling and he told me he has 2 brothers. We continued to talk about family and he told me in his "freizeit" he likes to build robots.
          It was fun to talk to a native german speaker. Its showed me that I know a lot more German than I thought I did and that if I just take time for formulate the sentence completely in my head or put together all the small phrases I've learned I am capable of holding a conversation. I hope to put this to use in my oral exam this upcoming week. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.