Freitag, 28. Februar 2014

German Pop Music

         For my AMD 3 assignment, I decided to research what kind of pop songs are popular in Germany. I was surprised to see that a few of the songs were English, however, I skipped over those and listened to all the songs in German. I used the BillBoard website to find the songs and youtube to listen to them.

        The first song was Atlemos durch die nacht by Helene Fischer. It sounded like every other pop song by a female that I've listened to, however it was in German. The instrumentation was techno with a constant beat in the back ground as well.
         The second song I listened to was Ich Lass Für Dich Das Licht An by Revolver Head. I actually enjoyed this one because it seemed for genuine to me than the first cookie-cutter pop song.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0MC3CFihY
         The third song I listened to was Mein Hertz by Beatrice Egli, which translates to "My Heart". This song was very similiar to the first pop song and repeated "Mein Hertz" over and over again. It had the same techno background song and when I translated it, I learned it was about clubbing and dancing (just like  the first song), and meeting a guy "for the moment".
         I also listened to some German rap by Bushido. It was pretty similiar to American Rap with the male talking along to the beat quicky and a techno beat in the background. I actually didnt mind this rap and recognized some of the words such as fragen, mit, könne, zu mier, danke, Berlin, kommt, deine mutter, schwester, deine eltern, haben, kaffee, jungen, hund, disco....etc.
        The final song I listened to was das großen erwachen  by annett louisan. This was by far my favorite artist of all the pop musicians I listened to. This particular song was about women and the ridiculous things they do in order to "hook" a boy, then realize they should be liked for themselves. I like this artist because her songs seemed to tell it like it is. I am now currently going through all her songs and translating the words while thinking, "Amen Sister!" :)

Heres some more Annett Louisan!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNB3p8OnnkU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-EvC9xx1LI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVbjj65cfDo


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.