Montag, 24. Februar 2014

AMD 3

For AMD 3 I watched Die Zauberflöte, an opera composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Yes, I know literally every other voice major in the class has done this but oh well now I am apart of the club. Because this is being done by the school of music I thought I would take the opportunity to acquaint myself with the plot and characters, as it might be a little hard to follow with just the subtitles (which usually aren't a direct translation anyway). In this production specifically it's Queen of the Night is played by one of my favorite sopranos, Diana Damrau and bass, Rene Pape. The link is of the 2006 Salzburg festival located in Austria. I thought that it was important to watch this specific production of Die Zauberflöte because all of its main lead singers are native German speakers, which in turn will help me establish the specific nuances and differences between native speakers singing and non-native speakers singing German repertiore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm-4LdLFr_E

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.