For this AMD I read the article on the German Duden Dictionary. This article got me thinking about all of the incredibly long compound German words. I've always thought how crazy it is that German's actually use these ridiculously long words, but then I realized that they are more like phrases instead of long words. If you know all of the individual words that comprise it, then all you have to do is take out the spaces and you have a compound noun.
This got me thinking about some of the pop culture references that I've heard about long German nouns. Like the episode of How I Met Your Mother where Klaus and Victoria are supposed to get married.
Here's a clip of one of the best scenes. My favorite word they use is Lebenslangerschicksalsschatz, but it's made up! How disappointing.
I also found this article about 8 ridiculously long German words quite amusing.
Leider ist es nicht ein Wort, sondern zwei Wörter:
AntwortenLöschenLebenslanger Schicksalsschatz ;)