I think I would make a great German. I like beer, I like their drinking laws, and my humor is the exact same as the Germans I have met in Germany. I don't know if the dark humor and pessimism is just a logical thing that all Germans and only engineers in the US have, but I tend to get along really well with Germans. Maybe we will see how that plays out when I know enough German to joke around with them in their native tongue.
The articles dealing with drinking laws, Turkish food, and different beers' hangover effects have been the epitome of my German trips. Being with 10 close friends in college with nothing to do at night leads to buying a ton of different beers, drinking in the car and on the street on the way to towns, and late-night Döners after the biergarten kitchens have closed. I hope the open drinking laws never change because we have so much fun, especially when our German friends show us how to drink and the best places in town. I can attest to the article that the Helles beer is the most dangerous. It is the equivalent to a light beer in the US, yet it has 50% more alcohol....now that is dangerous.
In regards to German people never seeming happy. I definitely feel that way about the older crowd. But, the younger crowd in Germany seems to have a different mindset to me. I'm not sure if it is a new generation, or if these young, happy, excited people will suddenly turn to straight-faced dark 40 year olds. I guess I will have to wait and see!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.