This week's readings were very interesting and eye-opening. All had insight into the everyday life of being a German citizen. Things I never would have thought about occur and are common in conversation in German existence.
"The German National Pastime: Whining, Bitching and Complaining"
This article was especially interesting. I never thought Germans were so negative, even when I spent the whole summer after my senior year of high school there. I guess the people I knew and hung out with were my age and therefor it was kind of expected. But I think it's really funny that this is the standard of outlook with Germans. I'll have to go back and really start some shit with someone about it.
"The German Stare Down" and "Brutally Honest: Have You Gained Weight?"
Okay well this was weird and definitely accurate. I encountered this on a daily basis when I was in Germany or just all over Europe, really. People are very blunt with everything they have some slight opinion about and nosy, but the thing is, its not abnormal. I think it's hilarious. The only part I'd have a real issue with would be the whole "calling the police" thing. But, I mean some people, like the older citizens, really don't have anything better to do. And I completely understand this standardized creepiness due to past historical events. The whole rude "response" thing, is totally true, too. And so so entertaining.
One out of four people in America have roots based in Germany. That's a lot of people. Also, they have pretty much the same education system that we do, so that's good.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.