German National Pastime:
I find it interesting that Germans complain so much. It actually reminded me of myself and many Americans. I have complained about this winter so much already. Granted, this is probably the worst weather Michigan has seen to date. I often forget how fortunate I am to have a warm place to sleep at night and that I am able to go to school where some people may not have the opportunity to do so.
In reality, Americans probably complain just as much as Germans do and the truth is, neither culture really has it that bad.
German Staredown:
I have not been to Germany other than stopping through the Frankfurt airport and I did not notice anyone staring at me while I was there. I also was not aware of this at the time so it could've been possible that someone was staring at me. I actually find it amusing that some German people can be very nosy. What I liked about the article was that is was very honest about Germans being somewhat nosy. Again, I believe that Americans are very similar. In fact, in America there is a name for people who do things like this, they're called "The Neighborhood Watch."
Brutally Honest:
I like the idea of being "brutally honest." I am not sure if we are honest enough in America.
I am now more interested in visiting Germany to see if I encounter any of this.
Statistics
Statistics are very important to the Germans. They seem to have a lot of National pride and I think that's great! Many Americans seem to have great National heritage as well.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.