Sonntag, 16. Februar 2014

AMD2

For this AMD, I read the article "The Awful German Language," by Mark Twain. It was basically one very long article pointing out all of the difficulties and irregularities in the German language that make it so very difficult to learn. I enjoyed reading this, because it shed some light on some of the things to look out for as we go forward with this learning process and it was also humorous to see that other people who have learned this language have dealt with some of the same difficulties that we are currently moving through in class. One of the things we have been learning about in class is about separable verbs and Mark Twain speaks to this in part of this article when he says, "The Germans have another kind of parenthesis, which they make by splitting a verb in two and putting half of it at the beginning of an exciting chapter and the other half at the end of it. Can any one conceive of anything more confusing than that?" In response to this question that he posed, I have to to say that it's very hard for me to think of something that is more confusing than this.
However, even though German is a very hard language to learn, I am glad that I am learning it, because it is very interesting to study and hopefully it will help me understand more of the German cutler in the future.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.