Donnerstag, 6. Februar 2014

Kultur 2 - German Facts

In reading the several articles posted for us this week, I found an interesting theme. The German people seem to always be in the right state of mind to be honest with one another and tell the story how it is. The fact that you have a bus being a few minutes late may not seem like a point to bring up in every day conversion to an American. However, the fact that the bus is late is key. Its not that everyone in Germany is out to report you to the Police (like the example of parking in a no parking zone), but its the fact that you did something wrong. You may have not gained an ounce of weight in the past 2 months, but it would be an interesting fact to inquire about. If you didn't already notice, each of these stories revolved around the facts of every day life. Its not just how things are, its the facts that Germans are seemingly interested in knowing; not beating around the bush to make people feel nice and fuzzy inside.

In my high school growing up, we had several exchange students every year taking classes. One of which I grew to be friends with. She was the most honest person that I had ever met. I know these articles may have been exaggerated for dramatic effect, but to a certain extent, I understand. She knew how to speak her mind when needed and it astounded me how honest but correct she was just telling the honest truth of any situation how it was. It may have been a small first hand experience, but it was interesting for me to have in my small town... of about 2063 people, occupying approximately 2.59 km^2, adopted as a city in 1905. (For some facts)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.