Well, I really enjoy any Kultur reading about beer. I have to admit, it wasn't until this last summer that I learned how to truly enjoy a good beer. Yep, it took a quarter of a decade for me to acquire the taste. I had my first sip of beer when I was 5. I was sitting on my Grandpa's lap, while he was playing cards with the neighbors. Sheepshead, I'm sure. And I was bored so I created a little game. I closed my eyes and took a sip of whatever I grabbed. I thought I felt the familiar shape of my glass of white soda, alas... It was my Grandpa's Pabst. It was gross. Two decades later I order a beer at a bar with pride.
In 2007 I went to Germany with my undergraduate choir. That was my first experience with German beer. As a non-beer lover, I found myself drinking some weird things. One of the first beers I had was a raspberry flavored beer. It was soooo sweet! Not my favorite thing. I did find, however, I beer that I liked. Bittburger Copa. It was Bittburger's version of a lime/margarita flavored beer. Looking back I can't believe I enjoyed that stuff.
One thing that I did notice about German beer was that they mixed beer with everything. The very first thing I tried was a pilsner mixed with orange juice. I loved it! I still drink beer with orange juice. Usually I mix Blue Moon and oj. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you give it a shot.
I have never tried beer and cola, though... That one just weirds me out.
I will definitely be using the beer guide from the article the next time I head over to Ashley's for a beer.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.