Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2014

Kapitel 3

An Obsession Explained: Without a doubt, based on the article Germans LOVE their beer.
From the literature, it communicated as if they drink beer like the average American drinks soda.
Beer is a natural drink for Germans,  it is shared among colleagues, friends, business associates,
family and lovers.  What surprised me is that there are many many types of beer. I began to wonder if people in Germany are often drunk but because it's just a part of the cultural there is probably a tolerance that they have where they are able to sustain a certain amount without being incoherent.

Personally, I don't care for the taste of beer and beer was not something that I grew up around.
Obviously one is not able to drink beer in America until a certain age but beer was not in my house.
My parents don't drink beer so I had and still have no interest in it as well.

I was aware of the stereotypes of Germans being beer drinkers but I found it quite comical almost
that there is a certain art to drinking beer when among people. For example, there is a certain word that must be said while toasting. Of course, eye contact is very important or else the legend is that
one will be cursed with "bad sex."

Capping the Bottle:  I was very inclined to read this article particularly after reading the article
about how widespread beer drinking is in Germany.  The more people that are allowed to drink essentially means the more potential for havoc to strike.  As I was reading the previous article I was wondering how the country handled the potential dangers of so many people drinking.
I was pleased to learn that Germany is taking measure to clamp down on the laws of public drinking
because it can be dangerous no matter if one is more immune to it or not. The consumption of those
drinks does impair judgement and proper function .  To the same extend there are those that are against laws for banning drinking and if they do pass them people will just move elsewhere. There are others
who believe that creating prevention programs will work just as well.  Whatever the case, I am glad it
is being addressed and hope that a solution will be worked out soon.


German Fast Food :  I am most familiar with a Bratwurst as I used to work in the concessions stands during sporting events in undergrad and we would sell Bratwurst to many Americans. Though they were very popular  I did not particularly care for them at all.  I especially did not like the Sauerkraut that was placed on top of them.  Learning about this other types of food that are not common in America also serves, like the article mentions as an outlet to the awful diets of eating fast food at McDonald and Burger King .

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.