In my last AMD post I talked about facebook and how I would keep it in German to try and learn a little more German. It didn't quite turn out as expected and I had myriad problems trying to switch the settings back. However, it was interesting while it lasted.
In the spirit of music, I wanted to see if there were any major musical events taking place this coming year in Germany. As it turns out, there is a festival that takes place in Halle, Germany that celebrates Handel and all of his works. This website is the website with the information about the festival. Interestingly enough, the website can swap between English and German so I could read the article, then check my understanding afterwards.
The festival begins on June 5th and ends officially on the 15th. It comprises of many concerts continuing through each day, all of them featuring major works by Handel. Along with the concerts there are lectures teaching about Handel's life and his compositions. The Handel haus also has its own buses for transport so people can come to the festival events.
If it didn't cost so much to fly to Europe, I would totally be interested in going to the Handel festival.
This is a picture of the Handel Haus in Halle.
Auf wiedersehen!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.