Sonntag, 16. März 2014

AMD 4

         For this chapters AMD, I decided to change my facebook language to German. Reading previous AMDs' from people who did this, I thought it would be easy and I would understand everything based on my memory of what each button represents, however, I found this much more difficult than anticipated. For example, the tabs on the side usually labelled profile, messages/inbox, and calendar/events was now labelled neuigkeiten, nachrichten, Veranstaltungen. This threw me off a little bit when I was trying to navigate the pages to inbox and calendar, but eventually I got used to it. Another thing that confused me a bit was the options under the status. What usually says like and comment and like, now said gefällt mir and kommentieren.

         Not everything I experienced, however, was difficult. For example, some of the Facebook statuses gave moods and places that I understood perfectly. For example, it could say John Smith und Susie Q haben keine angst Hier: XYZ.

      The only thing about the Facebook in Deutsch that I didn't like was that it didn't translate the statuses or the things people posted on my wall in German. If it did, I feel this would help me learn how to use grammar in everyday language.

      I conclusion, I think I am going to keep my Facebook in German for a little bit just to help me become even more acquainted with the language.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.