Sonntag, 30. März 2014

Kultur Text 5

                       The first article in the Kultur text describes the German way on the streets. What would be considered ultimately rude here in America (shoving, battling through a crowd) is considered the typical in Germany.
                       The second article discussed the relaxed nature Germany has with sex shops. The fact that these shops are an everyday occurrence, and not considered out of place with the other shops, such as the breweries and food shops, definitely takes me by surprise- I am definitely not used to this sort of outer display of sexuality in a public area.
                       The third article was all about paying to go to the bathroom. The Klofrau (aka the Toilet-lady) is the person who collects change so one can -ahem- relieve oneself. This makes me thankful that its free in America. I would however appreciate this worker for keeping things clean!
                       The fourth article: German flirting was quite interesting. I liked the idea that relationships in Germany start with them "Boring your pants off". Its intriguing however, simply because yes, American guys can come on way too strong in the most vulgar of ways. However, I can see how it'd be confusing/frustrating for a foreign female to attempt a relationship in Germany simply because of the important subtleties often missed by us naive foreigners.
                        To be honest, I skimmed the fifth article. What I got from it however, was that women's rights have greatly changed throughout the years. A chronological order of this goes something like this:  equal rights for men and women by law, women have more access to education and vocation training, women get child-raising leave. However, women's unemployment has been on the rise, women still get paid less than men (but a law was created to stop this), not enough female professors....etc. Also, women can now be in the armed forces.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.